The main objective of Neighbors Eyes is to deter people who are committing uncivil acts in residential areas.
How does this platform work?
- A group of people are found performing any type of uncivic act in their residential area.
- Access the NeighBors Eyes application and accept the location permissions of your device:
Image 1.- Accept device localization terms
- Cameras available at the user’s location are displayed
- The user presses the desired video surveillance camera and activates it. The deterrent mechanism is activated:
- Live camera signal
- Broadcast signal indicator
- Red lights identify that the camera is recording.
- After a few minutes the application asks the user, Have you managed to deter the individuals?
- If so, the user can deactivate the deterrent mechanisms being used.
- In negative case: The platform gives the option to download full video since the user started recording, in order to be able to discuss it with the authorities.
Image 2.- Images of crowded areas by cameras